BLS 119 (106990-43-6) is a high molecular weight hindered amine light stabilizer (HALS) useful for the stabilization of polyolefins, styrenic polymers, polyamides, thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPU), polyacetal, and powder coatings.
Chemical Name: N,N’,N”,N”’-tetrakis(4,6-bis(butyl-(N-methyl-2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidin-
CAS Number: 106990-43-6
Product Form: Solid
Melting Point: 115-150oC
Molecular Weight: 2286 g/mol
BLS 119 is useful for the light stabilization of polyolefins, particularly polypropylene fibers and polyethylene-based agricultural films. It can also be used for the light stabilization of styrenic polymers (ABS, ASA), polyamides (especially fibers), thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPU), polyacetal, and powder coatings.
- Provides improved color yield in pigmented polypropylene fibers compared to conventional high molecular weight HALS
- Less interacting with agricultural chemicals than conventional HALS, leading to improved
performance in agricultural films
- Less prone to “gas-fading” (warehouse discoloration) when used in combination with
phenolic antioxidants than conventional HALS
- Significantly improves the long term thermal oxidative stability of polyolefins
- Less discoloring than conventional HALS in styrenic polymers (ABS, ASA)
- Excellent resistance to migration and extraction
- Low-volatility during high temperatures processing (e.g. in PP and polyamide fibers)
Guidelines for Use
In polyolefin films and fibers, recommended use levels range from 0.1 to 1.5% by weight. The exact recommendation depends on the substrate, processing conditions, and the nature of the product and end use application. BLS 119 can be used in combination with other hindered amine light stabilizers (for example BLS 1622, BLS 1770, and BLS 1880 PE), UV absorbers, benzoates (BLS 2908), as well as antioxidants and processing stabilizers such as hindered phenols and phosphites. The exact formulation to be used is dependent on the substrate, performance requirements, and other factors, and should be determined by the user based on testing to simulate actual conditions of use. Please contact Mayzo for specific recommendations.
This product may be stored up to two years in a sealed container. Containers should be kept tightly closed when not in use and stored in a cool, dry place.
Please consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) prior to handling or using this product.
BLS 119 has been cleared for use in olefin polymers under 21 CFR §178.2010. Please contact your Mayzo representative for complete details, including restrictions of use.
Downloadable Product Details: Please view our BLS 119 PDF