Benetex OB Plus (7128-64-5) is a heat resistant, solvent soluble, chemically stable fluorescent whitener that provides brighter looking colors. It is used to offset the yellowness of a polymer and to yield a whiter appearance. Optical brighteners create brilliance by absorbing UV light, modifying the wavelength of the light and then emitting the light in a fluorescent fashion. Benetex OB Plus can also be used as a tracer in various applications and as an optical brightener in thermoplastics, coatings, printing inks, dyes, man-made fibers, waxes, fats, and oils. This fine powder form is ideally suited for: 1.) screen printing applications where reduced clogging of equipment is critical to increase productivity and 2.) clear-coat applications where efficiency of dispersion and a smooth coating appearance is needed
Chemical Name: 2,2’-(2,5-thiophenediyl)bis(5-tert-butylbenzoxazole)
CAS Number: 7128-64-5
Product Form : Solid
Melting Point: 192 – 208°C
Molecular Weight: 431 g/mol
- Screen Printing: Benetex OB Plus is recommended in screen-printing applications, where reduced
clogging of equipment is critical to increase productivity.
- Coatings: Benetex OB Plus is recommended in clear-coat applications where efficiency of
dispersion and a smooth coating appearance are required.
Benetex OB Plus can be used in other applications as well, including plastics (PVC, polyethylene,
polypropylene, cellulose acetate, polystyrene, polycarbonate, acrylics, polyurethane, linear
polyester, polyamides), printing inks, coatings, synthetic fibers, adhesives, and sealants. It is also
useful as a tracer in coatings, adhesives, and sealants to ensure uniform coverage has been
- Does not require additional milling in coating and ink applications
- More easily dispersed than other optical brighteners
- More efficient than other optical brighteners
- Brilliant, bluish white effect that compensates for yellowing
- Good light fastness and low volatility
- Exceptional whitening properties
- Useful as a tracer in clear coatings, adhesives and sealants
- In combination with dyes, produces particularly brilliant shades
- FDA cleared for use in all polymers, adhesives and pressure-sensitive adhesives
Guidelines for Use
Recommended loading concentrations for Benetex OB Plus range between 50 and 1000 ppm
(0.005-0.1%). The product can be used alone or in a variety of blends and combinations with other
additives, including antioxidants, processing stabilizers, and light stabilizers. Higher load levels of
Benetex OB PLUS are required if it is used in combination with a UV absorber. The exact
formulation to be used is dependent on the substrate, performance requirements, and other factors,
and should be determined by the user based on testing to simulate actual conditions of use. Please
contact Mayzo for specific recommendations.
This product may be stored up to two years in a sealed container. Containers should be kept tightly
closed when not in use and stored in a cool, dry place.
Please consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) prior to handling or using this product.
Benetex OB PLUS has been cleared for use in adhesives under 21 CFR §175.105, in pressure
sensitive adhesives under 21 CFR §175.125, and in all polymers under 21 CFR §178.3297. Please
contact your Mayzo representative for complete details, including restrictions of use.
Downloadable Product Details: Please view our Benetex OB Plus PDF